September, 09, 2010
Patent Registration Services in India helps clients in acquiring patents for their inventions. Patents constitute of the rights and privileges that provides the inventor or/and the applicant with the right to stop others from manipulating the invention mentioned in the patent. The control of a patent thus done is fixed for maximum 20 years by the state in exchange of a full disclosure of the invention. The applicant can be a citizen of any country. The Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) is a worldwide agreement to simplify the filing and processing of patent applications. Therefore, keeping with the norms observed by PTC, it is always advised to get your patent-facts cross-checked by expert and experienced patent officers.
The application for a patent can be filed by the first and correct inventor. It can be filed independently or jointly. The assignee or legal representative of the inventor can also file the patent on his behalf. Patent Registration Services should be obtained from the legitimate patent officers who are lawfully registered to practice before Indian Patent Office. Doing this will negate all chances of professional liability for defective workmanship, materials and/or components.
The following documents have to be submitted at the time of filing a patent application in India :
- Form 1 – Application for the grant of patent
- Form 2 – Provisional or Complete Specification
- Form 3 – Statement and undertaking by the applicant
- Form 5 – Declaration as to inventor-ship
Patent registration facilities comprises of the following services
- Patent Prosecution
- Patent Search and Research
- Patent Litigation, Opposition and Cancellation
- Patent Drafting and Filing in India and Worldwide in accordance with IPO, USPTO and EPO standards
- Patent Analytics, Consulting and Valuation